All ages mental health services
Clinical mental health services are provided to Victorians with a serious mental illness or disorder. These services are called area mental health services (AMHS) and are operated by hospitals.
Tap the buttons below for specific mental health data across all age groups. You can filter by area mental health service.
Scroll further down for more information about the data (measures).
About the data:
The above measures look at:
- community service hours
- seclusion episodes.
About community service hours
The total number of clinical mental health community service hours provided to Victorians.
About rate of seclusion episodes per 1,000 bed days
A restrictive intervention may only be used after all reasonable and less restrictive options have been tried or considered and have been found to be unsuitable in the circumstances. A restrictive intervention includes seclusion, which means the sole confinement of a person to a room or any other enclosed space from which it is not within the control of the person confined to leave.
Rate of ended seclusion episodes per 1,000 occupied bed days within inpatient units for adult, aged and child and adolescent mental health services, excluding leave, same day stays, private beds and units that do not have a seclusion room.
- Data source: Client Management Interface/Operational Data Store. Data extracted on 12 April 2022
- The statewide service hours includes services by the Victorian Institute for Forensic Mental Health. The statewide total service hours is more than the sum of all individual community mental health service hours presented in the graph
- The statewide rate of seclusion episodes per 1000 bed days includes Orygen, the Austin Health – Statewide Eagle Unit (Child) and Monash Health - Oasis Unit
- The rate of seclusion episodes per 1000 bed days for Dandenong – Adult AMHS includes data for Casey Hospital
- Results for the current financial year are preliminary and will be finalised in November. Results from the previous financial year have been finalised
- * No results are available
- Results from November 2020 to November 2021 were affected by industrial activity, impacting the collection of non-clinical and administrative data and recording of ambulatory mental health service activity and consumer outcome measures, i.e., community service hours, pre-admission contact rates and post-discharge follow-up rates. Affected data should be interpreted with caution.