All ages mental health services
Clinical mental health services are provided to Victorians with a serious mental illness or disorder. These services are called area mental health services (AMHS) and are operated by hospitals.
Tap the buttons below for specific mental health data across all age groups. You can filter by area mental health service.
Scroll further down for more information about the data (measures).
About the data:
The above measures look at:
- community service hours
- seclusion episodes.
About community service hours
The total number of clinical mental health community service hours provided to Victorians.
About rate of seclusion episodes per 1,000 bed days
A restrictive intervention may only be used after all reasonable and less restrictive options have been tried or considered and have been found to be unsuitable in the circumstances. A restrictive intervention includes seclusion, which means the sole confinement of a person to a room or any other enclosed space from which it is not within the control of the person confined to leave.
Rate of ended seclusion episodes per 1,000 occupied bed days within inpatient units for adult, aged and child and adolescent mental health services, excluding leave, same day stays and units that do not have a seclusion room.
- Data source: Client Management Interface/Operational Data Store. Data extracted 11 January 2021
- The statewide service hours includes services by the Victorian Institute for Forensic Mental Health. The statewide total service hours is more than the sum of all individual community mental health service hours presented in the graph
- The statewide rate of seclusion episodes per 1000 bed days includes Orygen and the Austin Health – Statewide Eagle Unit (Child)
- The rate of seclusion for Dandenong – Adult AMHS includes data for Casey Hospital
- Results for the current financial year are preliminary and will be finalised in November. Results from the previous financial year have been finalised
- * No results are available
- For community service hours, October to December 2020 data may have been affected by protected industrial activity, impacting the collection of non-clinical and administrative data and recording of ambulatory mental health service activity and consumer outcome measures. Interpret with caution
- Reported ended seclusion episodes per 1,000 occupied bed days during FY 2020-21 may be incomplete. Statewide and health service results should be interpreted with caution
- Targets for FY 2020-21 were not approved at the time of reporting for Q2 (Oct - Dec 2020) results.