Public dental health care is available to eligible Victorians through Dental Health Services Victoria (DHSV).
Tap the buttons below for specific data about dental appointments provided by DHSV across Victoria.
Scroll down for more information about the data (measures).
About the data:
The above measures look at:
- client visits to public dental services
- clients treated (year-to-date)
- hospital-initiated postponements.
About client visits to public dental services
A client visit is recorded every time a person attends a public dental service provided by Dental Health Services Victoria. A patient may have more than one visit during the course of their care.
About clients treated (year-to-date)
Counts each client only once, regardless of how many visits they make to a public health service during their course of care (clients may have multiple visits).
Data is presented cumulatively. For example, data shown in Quarter 2 of the financial year is the total number of clients treated in Quarter 1 and Quarter 2. Quarter 4 totals reflect the total number of clients treated for the entire financial year.
About hospital-initiated postponements per 100 scheduled appointments
Shows number of times an appointment was postponed by the public dental service provider, per 100 scheduled appointments. The statewide target is three postponements per 100 appointments.
- Data source: Dental Health Services Victoria. Data received 16 July 2020
- Results for the current financial year are preliminary and will be finalised in November. Results from the previous financial year have been finalised
- * No results are available.