All ages mental health services
Clinical mental health services are provided to Victorians with a serious mental illness or disorder. These services are called area mental health services (AMHS) and are operated by hospitals.
Tap the buttons below for specific mental health data across all age groups. You can filter by area mental health service.
Scroll further down for more information about the data (measures).
About the data:
The above measures look at:
- community service hours
- seclusion episodes.
About community service hours
The total number of clinical mental health community service hours provided to Victorians.
About rate of seclusion episodes per 1,000 bed days
A restrictive intervention may only be used after all reasonable and less restrictive options have been tried or considered and have been found to be unsuitable in the circumstances. A restrictive intervention includes seclusion, which means the sole confinement of a person to a room or any other enclosed space from which it is not within the control of the person confined to leave.
Rate of ended seclusion episodes per 1,000 occupied bed days within inpatient units for adult, aged and child and adolescent mental health services, excluding leave, same day stays and units that do not have a seclusion room.
- Data source: Client Management Interface/Operational Data Store. Data extracted 16 October 2020
- The statewide service hours includes services by the Victorian Institute for Forensic Mental Health. The statewide total service hours is more than the sum of all individual community mental health service hours presented in the graph
- The statewide rate of seclusion includes Orygen
- The rate of seclusion for Dandenong – Adult AMHS includes data for Casey Hospital
- Results for the current financial year are preliminary and will be finalised in November. Results from the previous financial year have been finalised
- * No results are available
- Reported ended seclusion episodes per 1,000 occupied bed days during July to September 2020 may be incomplete for Inner West – Adult AMHS and Orygen Youth Area Mental Health Service. Statewide and health service results for this measure should be interpreted with caution
- Targets for FY 2020-21 were not approved at the time of reporting for Q1 (July – September 2020) results.