Overall rating of care
The Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey (VHES) asks patients about their experiences during their stay at a Victorian public health service. As part of the survey, patients rate the overall experience of their care.
The graph below shows the overall rating of care where a patient recorded this as either 'good' or 'very good'. You can filter by health service.
Scroll down further for more information about the data (measures).
About the data
About positive patient experience
A patient’s experience is considered positive if they rate their care as either ‘good’ or ‘very good’ in response to the VHES question: ‘Overall, how would you rate the care you received while in hospital?’
The statewide target is 95% of patients responding positively.
- On 14 September 2020, the overall rating of care data was updated for the Apr-June 2020 quarter. If you have any questions regarding the updated data, please contact VAHI via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data source: Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey: Adult Inpatient. Data extracted 16 October 2020
- Royal Children’s Hospital results are from the Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey: Paediatric Inpatient
- From 2018–19 Q1, results are not shown when there were fewer than 30 survey responses for a health service. Prior to this period, the minimum survey response requirement for reporting was 42
- Numurkah District Health Service, Cobram District Health and Nathalia District Hospital amalgamated on 1 July 2019 to form NCN Health
- Otway Health and Lorne Community Hospital amalgamated on 1 July 2019 to form Great Ocean Road Health
- Hepburn Health and Kyneton District Health amalgamated on 1 December 2019 to form Central Highlands Rural Health
- Results are lagged by one quarter
- Results for the current financial year are preliminary and will be finalised in November. Results from the previous financial year have been finalised
- * No results are available
- NP - Results not published
- Targets for FY 2020-21 were not approved at the time of reporting for Q1 (July – September 2020) results.