A specialist clinic is a unit within a hospital that provides planned, non-admitted services.
A new appointment at a specialist clinic is recorded when a person is seen by that particular clinic for the first time.
The graph below shows data about new appointments. You can filter by specialty clinic and health service.
Scroll further down for more information about the data (measures).
About the data:
About new appointments by specialty
One patient may have multiple new appointments. This occurs when a patient from one specialist clinic is also seen for the first time by a clinician from another specialist clinic. For example, a patient with diabetes may be referred to an endocrinologist and a dietician, and will have a new appointment for each specialty.
- Data source: Victorian Integrated Non-Admitted Health Dataset (VINAH). Data extracted on 16 October 2023
- Results for the current financial year are preliminary and may change from quarter to quarter, final results will be available in November. Results from the previous financial year have been finalised
- From 6 February 2023, Monash Health commenced providing maternity services at Sandringham Hospital, replacing The Women's.
- On 23 February 2023, Monash Health opened the Victorian Heart Hospital.
- Care needs to be taken when assessing results and comparing them to prior periods
- * No results are available.