Urgent first appointments
A specialist clinic is a unit within a hospital that provides planned, non-admitted services.
An urgent first appointment is where a patient has been referred to a specialist clinic and the clinician determines the patient should be seen within 30 days from the date the referral was received.
Tap the buttons below for specific data about urgent first appointments. You can filter by specialty clinic and health service.
Scroll further down for more information about the data (measures).
About the data:
The above specialist clinic measures look at:
- first appointments
- median waiting time
- 90th percentile waiting time
- percentage of patients seen within recommended time.
About first appointments
First appointment data is recorded when a first appointment is booked, even if the patient does not attend.
Once referred to a specialist clinic by a GP or other health provider, a patient can only have one first appointment. This is recorded at the specialist clinic they were referred to.
About waiting time
The number of days between the date a specialist clinic receives an urgent patient referral, and the date that patient is first seen by the specialist clinic.
All waiting times are calculated from shortest to longest, and the time that sits in the middle is the median waiting time (or 50th percentile waiting time). The median waiting time is the time within which half of the patients attended their first appointment.
The 90th percentile waiting time is the time within which 90% of urgent patients attended their first appointment.
About percentage of patients seen within recommended time
The proportion of urgent patients who were seen by the specialist clinic within the recommended time of less than 30 days from receiving the referral. The statewide target is 100%.
- Data source: Victorian Integrated Non-Admitted Health Dataset (VINAH). Data extracted 16 July 2020
- No results available for Alfred Health, Mildura Base Hospital, Djerriwarrh Health, Royal Children's Hospital and Bairnsdale Regional Health Service
- Results for the current financial year are preliminary and will be finalised in November. Results from the previous financial year have been finalised
- * No results are available.