Overall rating of care
The Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey (VHES) asks patients about their experiences during their stay at a Victorian public health service. As part of the survey, patients rate the overall experience of their care.
The graph below shows the overall rating of care where a patient recorded this as either 'good' or 'very good'. You can filter by health service.
Scroll down further for more information about the data (measures).
About the data
About positive patient experience
A patient’s experience is considered positive if they rate their care as either ‘good’ or ‘very good’ in response to the VHES question: ‘Overall, how would you rate the care you received while in hospital?’
The statewide target has not been finalised for FY 2021/22 at the date of publication.
- Data source: Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey: Adult Inpatient. Data extracted on 20 April 2022
- As there was a pause in data collection between 2019–20, and changes to the collection methodology and survey instruments, two quarters of data are currently available for comparison.
- From 2021-22 Q1, results are not shown when there were fewer than 10 survey responses for a health service
- Results are lagged by one quarter
- Western Health and Djerriwarrh Health Services voluntarily amalgamated on 1 July 2021. Results from Jul-Sep 2021 for Western Health includes the former Djerriwarrh Health Services
- Ballarat Health Services, Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Stawell Regional Health, and Wimmera Health Care Group voluntarily amalgamated on 1 November 2021 into Grampians Health. These former entities are now presented as Grampians Health – Ballarat Health Services, Grampians Health – Edenhope and District Memorial Hospital, Grampians Health – Stawell Regional Health, and Grampians Health – Wimmera Health Care Group
- Castlemaine Health and Maldon Hospital voluntarily amalgamated on 1 March 2022 into Dhelkaya Health. Their former entities are now presented as Dhelkaya Health – Castlemaine and Dhelkaya Health – Maldon
- * No results are available
- NP - Results not published.